- When Healers Meet with Ken W Stone and Jan Carlin
- “Learning to Love Yourself” with writer and podcaster Sarah Blondin
- Jesse Elder and Friends – Release Tour 2016, Seattle
- A Winning Marketing Formula for your Transformation Business
- [Unedited] – Dan “The Man” Lok
- Moms, Mentors, and Making Millions
- Transformer of the Week – Daniel Fung
- Developing An Authentic Coaching Brand with Julie Parker
- Transformer of the Week – Teri Holland
- Finding A Path Forward: A Coaching Success Story
Craftsmanship is the key for this web developer with Shawn Johnston
Meet Shawn Johnston
- Shawn is the founder of Forge and Smith. He is a web designer and WordPress expert.
- Shawn will be on the expert web designer panel at the Blog Mastery Conference.
Tell us a little bit about yourself…
- Shawn is a father of 2.
- He is renovating a 1930’s house in New Wesminster, BC
- He loves to read and watch movies with his wife.
Click to Tweet – Craftsmanship is the key for this web developer with Shawn Johnston http://fuelradio.com/shawn-johnston-1
Business – What do you do?
- Forge and Smith is three years old.
- Shawn started as a graphic designer for retail stores.
- Shawn shares the story of the company name “Forge and Smith” and how it comes out of his family background.
- Forge and Smith has a crew of 14 people.
- Forge and Smith is a full service online marketing company.
- Shawn explains why he chose New Westminster as a base for his business.
Client story / Raving fan
- Forge and Smith created a website for the Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Center. They created a chat system for website and more.
- Shawn talks about Google threatening website owners to have responsive mobile websites.
Take us back to the beginning – what were the early days like?
- Shawn is on his second attempt at building a company.
- He is taking cautious steps towards making sure they can handle all of the work and doing quality work.
What did you learn from the first attempt?
- “Plan for the worst and hope for the best. If you are lucky you will become sustainable” – Shawn Johnston
- One of the keys to starting his company a second time is watching the numbers.
How confident were you at the time?
- Said he would never build a company again, but he started with one former employee and it grew from there.
What do you do to stay inspired?
- Shawn talks about the importance of communication and his need to grow in this area.
- “I end up apologizing a lot” Shawn Johnston
- Shawn says it can be really fun building your own company, but there are some serious highs and lows.
- Enjoy the highs while they are there, take time to recharge.
Do you enjoy the process?
- Yes! Shawn says he is a “fixer” and enjoys the ongoing process of online marketing.
Something you have read lately that motivates you?
Time machine question…
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Regarding his first company…”I was in too much of hurry and put too much stock in volume over quality.” – Shawn Johnston
Easy Peasy Publicity
Have you tried to get media attention and failed? Meredith Liepelt may have the answer…
Meredith shares her best thinking on how to get yourself out there into the media and get publicity. Emails are sent to you for 24 days – every other day – with training and actionable things to do. The course includes 40 press release templates.